Friday, May 13, 2022

6- Book Unboxing Party!

Originally, I'd been planning an all morning read-aloud as the prize for today, but we needed to go to church to run through the bell song, practice the singing song for church Sunday, and do reading buddies. Not much time left for reading. So, I traded next Friday for this Friday. 

The books arrived over the weekend and I wrapped them up on Tuesday night, so they were ready to go anyway. It was only this morning I remembered I'm missing a student; he's going to his brother's graduation at Bethany today. My kids thought we should put his book in the box and tape it up again so he could have his own unboxing on Monday. Good idea! 


I took a half day of school today so I'd have time to help my friend with wedding preparations! My sub is the daughter of a teacher from Truman, a junior education major at Concordia, and she's been getting lots of experience subbing for Mrs. L and Miss M (the preschool helper who also had a baby). Now it's my turn!

We've accomplished a lot on this half day of school for me. We practiced singing the musical songs we're singing Sunday with the replacement soloists (a bunch of kids aren't going to be there), we practiced bells, had reading buddies, made a plan for next week with Mr. E/math/science/social, updated the school website... Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment