Friday, May 20, 2022

Last Day- Read Aloud All Morning

Drumroll please... I've officially completed my 10th year of teaching! 

My kids were a lot calmer today for some reason. Our day was all sorts of mixed up, but it was a good day nonetheless. Before school I made posters for the upcoming plant/bake sale. They're signs to go out by the highway, so I wrote bubble letters. My kids wanted to color them in, so I let them. We had to make six signs, which took a while. Everyone worked peacefully on coloring or their late work. So we had devotions and did our morning prayer later in the morning than usual. 

Last night I wrote a huge to-do list on the board of cleaning things to accomplish today. We got them all done! When they got tired of coloring, they'd do a cleaning break. My classroom looks so bare and empty now. Except the lab table. That still has a ton of plant stuff. They said they're bringing things home tonight after the carnival. Hopefully they remember. 

Read-aloud was fun. We finished our latest book and still had time to read, so we read a Choose Your Own Adventure story. That was a blast! The class picked the options most likely to lead to death. We made it through two stories before it was our turn at the ice cream truck. We ate our ice cream on the playground and picked up a few things while we were out there, then drove over to church for closing chapel. Chapel ended early so we prayed, did our final highs and lows, and hung out on the playground until the buses came. 

I wrapped up my report cards after school and am going to sneak home for a little more packing before tonight's potluck at 5:30. My 'movers' are moving my big furniture and whatever else I have packed on Sunday after church. The other stuff not packed should fit in my car for me to take later next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment