Wednesday, May 18, 2022

4- Wear a Hat All Day, 3- Play Whatever Game in WW/WR

Yesterday was our one day softball season at Caswell Park in Mankato. It rained off and on, but thankfully never on during the games. The games went better the more we played: we lost game one, tied game two, and won the last two games. Still didn't place, but it was a fun day. I pitched all four games and am not sore today! Well, my ankle is tender. I got smucked in the ankle by one of the 8th grader's hits in the first game; I couldn't get out of the way fast enough. 

It's surreal that there are only two days left of school this week. We had a normal day in the 5-6th grade room. They have a few writing assignments due tomorrow we worked on. It'd be nice to have another week to polish them up, but we'll make do with what we have. 

During latchkey, I finished correcting that assignment I've put off for two months. All I have left is 7-8th grade spelling and whatever assignments they turn in tomorrow. My goal is to finish report cards by Friday evening's award night. Doable. 

My mind is split between wrapping up school and packing my apartment. The final walkthrough is next Thursday the 26th at 4:00pm. I don't have much going on today and tomorrow after school, so I should be able to pack quite a bit. It's a little easier to pack when I think, "Am I going to use this in the next week? Will I use this in the next two months?"

I have a hard time picturing living anywhere else after ten years in the same place. A few loads of boxes have made their way to my hosts' basement. I'm not sure how many nights I'll stay there vs. in Fulda at the farm. Habitat says my house will probably be ready at the end of July/early August. We'll see. Moral of the story is, label all the boxes really well and put things I might need close to the front of the pile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment