Thursday, May 12, 2022

7- Tour the Farm and Miss H Brings Treats

I forgot to bring my iPod along, so I let a parent take pictures for me. She's so good at taking pictures, I'm sure hers will be better than mine would've been anyway. 

We had a great day out and about in my hometown neck of the woods! I had three parent chaperones, so I didn't even drive! End-O-Line was the first destination. My class was the first tour of the year and our tour guide is the brand new director of the park. He was a little rusty, but he did a good job, my kids enjoyed the tour. He needs to work on the pacing a bit more; the tour was over an hour and a half and I was getting antsy! Our tour didn't even include two of the buildings, the general store and grist mill, because they're being moved due to water damage. 

Next stop was the farm. We traded shoes for boots (in some cases). Case behaved himself; my kids loved him. My sister and niece accompanied us around the farm. We pet a day old calf, swung on the haymow rope, sloshed through puddles, scoped for peacock feathers, held teenage chicks, and of course played bale tag. It was great! After a quick snack and drink break, we checked out my brother E's farm place. That was a much shorter tour, just ten minutes before we had to head back to school. All in all, a very fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment