Monday, April 24, 2023

BINGO

A good day to end the week.

We were scheduled to leave to play BINGO at the nursing home at 1pm. Everyone stood patiently in line and waited to get on the bus. But it wasn't here. So we waited. And waited. And waited some more. Finally Mr. E called the bus driver. Oops. They'd forgotten about us.

So my class went into the 7-8th grade room to play multiple-choice trivia while we waited. It was a fun way to pass the time! I answered the questions too and got 8/10 right. Two tricky questions I got right were: What year was the microwave invented? (1946... I have a challenge of the week question on that very topic) and What year was Facebook made available to the public? (2006... I remember being 16 when I signed up for Facebook. It was all the rage back then).

At the nursing home, the residents were all set up for us. We sang one of our church songs and played BINGO with them for about a half an hour or so. The 5-8th graders took turns calling games; they did a nice job speaking in a clear voice. Since we arrived late, Mr. E said we could stay a little later. But that made us late to school for the evening buses. I even had a parent call me to see if there was a problem... 

After school, I wrapped things up for the week and waited for G to text me our meeting location. He decided to surprise me on where we were having supper. We had a beverage at the Wine Cafe followed by a waffle fry platter at the Tav (it's kind of 'our thing') and supper at a sushi place in town (my original suggestion). The poor guy kept forgetting I didn't know any of our stops, so he kept spilling the beans! Still, it was a very nice way to celebrate my birthday. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment