Thursday, April 27, 2023

Problem Solvers

I did latchkey today and as they ate their snack around the table in my room, they talked about the fun things they'd play outside. Gaga ball was the main idea. They were coming up with ideas of how to play, teaching each other the rules, and talking about what problems they may face and how to handle them. I was impressed! They handle conflict better than my 5-6th graders!

A fairly decent day aside from noon recess. They came inside super mad at each other and I thought the rest of the day would be ruined. But, there was math, bells, and PE to forget about it (and a few extra innings in PE), so forget about it they did. Our last 20 minutes of the day was quite pleasant! 

They had two options, work on their piñatas or do the science lab making voltaic batteries. I've had limited success getting this lab to turn out in the past, so I gave them multiple options: do it just to try it or do it writing things down for extra credit. They could also decide to work by themselves, in a group, or with a partner. Four kids chose piñatas, two worked as partners just doing the lab, one worked by himself just doing it, and one did the lab writing things down for extra credit. They all had a great time, were focused, and were kind to each other. What happened to my class???

No comments:

Post a Comment