Monday, April 3, 2023

Quiet, Recording

My kids have been all about their podcasts lately. Everyone in the class is involved in one of the groups; they've split into three. Most of their topics are on food taste tests. They have to submit their plan before recording and they divvy up between themselves who's talking about what and who's bringing which supplies. It's quite the operation. 

They've been recording in the coatroom, sometimes while recess happens in the gym. They end up holding the mics on their headphones right next to their mouths so the computer picks up the sound. So, it makes sense that they want to find a place in school to have a recording studio. Not many options. 

I brought it up at our staff meeting and the other teachers had a few ideas. No teachers liked the shed idea: possible bad internet connection, no supervision. This class needs that. Someone suggested the end of the hallway where the bus picks kids up. A decent option. A few teachers offered their classrooms when their kids are out of the room (at PE). If I did some changing to the schedule, that could work. I'll bring up the ideas with my kids tomorrow and we'll see what they think!

In other news, my house's sump pump sprayed water everywhere throughout the night so the basement has water in it again. I heard a weird sound from the basement before I went to bed last night, but thought it was the dryer or something outside or the neighbors. I heard it again this morning and found the water. A few minutes later, the sump turned on and water sprayed out... it looks like something didn't get sealed up during construction. Sigh. 

Miracle of miracles, nothing is damaged. The extra miracle is that the water went to two rooms that haven't been flooded yet, so I had moved a lot of the boxes there to get them out of previously wet areas. So, G and I had a lot of boxes to move, but again, no lasting damage. The sheetrock looks like it will dry fine as well. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment