Monday, November 11, 2013

Another Rambunctious Day

There's a change in the weather coming...

The 2nd graders were off the wall, the 7th graders were off the wall, the 8th graders were off the wall. 

The 5th graders were actually okay today.  Everyone was really tired and had TONS of stories to tell about their deer hunting escapades this weekend.  I listened to 30 minutes of solid deer hunting stories before school started this morning.  And they still had more to tell me!  Whew!

One of the boys was gone today (the one who is moving).  It was amazing how the atmosphere of the room changed without him here.  Our classroom almost seemed unbalanced.  I really missed his energy.  I'm sad to see him go.

We made him a going away card and had the whole school sign it.  One of the girls chose green and yellow paper for the card since "it's John Deere and [the student] really likes John Deere."  His mom is going to bring ice cream cake to share on Thursday (his last day) and we're going to play floor hockey with the 3rd and 4th graders so they can spend a little more time with him (and say goodbye).  Sigh.

I wonder what sorts of things I need to send with him on Thursday.  He'll need to clean out his desk for sure and turn in his books.  Other than that?  I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment