Monday, November 18, 2013

Cold!

All day I've been really cold.  I hope I'm not coming down with something.  Both 5th grade girls weren't feeling well today.  We took their temperature, but they didn't have fevers!  So I don't know.  I think we all need a good night's sleep.

I can't believe it's the week before Thanksgiving!  One of the boys is going to Florida on vacation over Thanksgiving, so they're leaving on Friday and will be gone Monday and Tuesday next week.  That means I have to have his homework ready before then. 

The IEP meeting that was after school today was postponed, so theoretically I could get out of school at a decent hour.  I need to add pictures to a few powerpoints, but other than that I don't need to stick around.  My goal is to leave at 5:00pm. 

My 5th graders finally decided that it would be okay to put their plant experiments in the dark.  Before today, everyone wanted to keep them in the sun to see how much they would grow.  Nobody wanted to move theirs to the dark closet.  And then suddenly everyone wanted to!  Only one person kept theirs in the sunlight.  It will be interesting to see what happens with the plants in the closet.  There's no door, and the 7th and 8th graders turn the light on when they get the bells out.  So it won't be completely dark.  We do have one plant that is in a cupboard that gets no light (or only a little through the cracks).  We'll see what happens.

In other news, we're starting to learn music for the Christmas program on Friday.  And we're doing reading buddies with the kindergartners tomorrow morning so everyone gets a chance to participate.  Basketball practice this week.  The 7th/8th food drive was today.  On Wednesday, I'm giving a presentation to church members on my trip to the UK last summer.  I wonder how many people will show up.  I'm not too concerned.  I'd be fine if only a handful come.

Other than that, this week should cruise by without too much excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment