Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I can't wait for two years!

Lots of cute things happened in school today. 

We had a little time before recess with the 3rd/4th graders, so I pulled up a map of the United States and the 5th graders played the flyswatter states game.  They did a lot better than the 7th/8th graders.  When someone finally knocked on our door to let us know the gym was open, the 5th graders asked if we could keep playing the game. :)  We played a little more and then went to recess.

At noon recess, the 7th grade girls found some little beach balls in the bleachers.  They discovered they were just the right size to shove up their shirts so they could pretend to be pregnant.  Then they wanted to jump rope that way.  It was at the same time funny and disturbing.  One of the 5th graders thought we should take a picture for the yearbook but I told them no because someone might think it was real.  The girls with the beach ball babies had no clue why people would think it would be real.  Such innocence!

The cutest thing happened this afternoon.  The 3rd/4th graders came to our room to see pictures of my trip overseas.  They brought pizza.  Homemade pizza to be exact.  Part of their English assignment was to give a "how to" speech and most of them chose to show how to make some sort of food.  One boy showed how to make pizza and then wanted to share with us.  :) 

But that's not the cutest part yet.  One of the 4th grade girls walked into my room and said, "Whoa, I really like your room.  It's cool!"  This is the first time she's actually talked to me.  Then, when the rest of the class was assembled, I heard two of the 2nd grade girls whispering together, "I can't wait for it to be two years!" Meaning they wanted to be in my class.  Oh how cute!  It's things like these that make the bad days seem not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment