Tuesday, February 4, 2014

And another...

Wow, two normal days in a row!


My 5th grader who was sick returned to school just in time for his birthday today.  He didn't bring treats.  Is it sad I'm a little bummed?  I'll just have to have some extra treats when I go home tonight.  We took our first actual 5th grade history test of the year.  In the past, I've just had them do some sort of summative assessment project thing that proves they know what they're talking about.  I didn't tell them ahead of time we were having a test today, so they put up a little fuss.  We did review the chapters they were being tested on prior to the test and I'm sure they all did well. 


The general attitude of the students today was "wound up" (this was true across all the grades, not just my 5th graders).  We did get a lot accomplished today.  I'm really hoping we can keep this great streak up! 


I showed the 5th graders the Weird Al video "I'm Fat" for our end of the day video.  They wanted to watch more.  My list of videos has just been resupplied!


There are two B squad games after school today.  Mrs. E has the cheerleaders since I'm doing practice tomorrow solo.  We're going to make some posters for our home tournament next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment