Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Camo Day

I think the cheerleaders wore Joe out.  Either that or he's terrified more loud little girls are going to pick him up and flip him around.  He's buried himself in the corner under the heat lamp.  I noticed yesterday that his shell is getting a few cracks in the top and parts are a little flaky.  I think I need to vary his diet more. 


All the students disappeared today!  Just kidding.  I really wanted to make that joke at some point today, but it just never happened.  My class wore a lot of camo, but not as much as some!  Since I have no camouflage, I wore an orangish shirt and a dark green sweater.  I think my outfit passed muster.  Tomorrow is Crazy Hair Day.  Great.  I'm thinking of doing a bun on the top of my head or else two small buns under my ears (like Princess Leia, but smaller).  We'll see. 


Basketball games in Mankato cleared school out pretty quickly today.  One of my 5th graders hung around for an extra half an hour because her mom forgot to tell me to send her on the bus.  She spent most of the time on the computer, working on a cat powerpoint she wants to present to the class. 


Nothing else too exciting is happening.  I guess the girls' basketball team officially making it to state is pretty big news.  My 5th graders asked if we could take a bus up there.  Then they wanted the cheerleaders to come too. 


The 5th graders have been making snowflakes to hang in our classroom.  Instead of white paper, we've been using super-bright colors.  I really like how they look!  One of the boys had the idea to string a bunch on the same string to make a garland to hang over the lab table (he didn't call it a garland). 


My kids are on such a learning roll!  It's great!  We're learning tons of cool stuff and they're remembering it too!  I've been so glad our days have been normal/on time for the past week and a half.  Let's keep this great track record going!  Thursday is supposed to be nice, so we're planning to go outside for recess.  The 5th graders asked me to email their parents to remind them to bring their stuff on Thursday.  I hope everyone remembers!

No comments:

Post a Comment