Monday, February 10, 2014

Hide and Seek with Joe

The cheerleaders were in my room after school today before the basketball game.  I got them all situated coloring or playing one of the dice story games... and then they lost interest.  So we played hide and seek with Joe.  Half of them wanted to follow him around.  The other half wanted to pick him up and hide him in a secret place for the others to find.  We kind of compromised.  I hid him and the girls would whisper their ideas in my ear.  A lot of them were "in the cupboard" or "on top of that bookshelf."  They kind of forgot that Joe is a living, moving creature who might fall off a height.  So I only did the suggestions that were on the ground.  And Joe lost all the time.  The girls were able to find him.


Today was also PJ Day.  I wore sweatpants and my Case IH shirt.  The two John Deere loving boys walked into the room, took one look at my shirt, and shook their heads.  One of the boys said, "That shirt needs to be burned."  But there were a few supporters of my shirt. :)  I noticed a lot of people staring at it, that's for sure.  I had brought clothes to change in to for the game, but there wasn't enough time, so I ended up wearing my "pjs" to the basketball game. 


We were playing Nicollet and the gym was packed!  The cheerleaders were all hyped up on sugar (from the bars Mrs. E fed them as a snack).  They were very peppy.  We were supposed to have practice Wednesday and cheer for home games Thursday and Friday, but after the drowsy game last week, we cut back on the schedule.  So our last dates for cheering will be for our boys' and girls' home games at our tournament on Friday.  Woohoo!


Speaking of woohoo... the girls' basketball team is officially going to the Lutheran school state tournament.  It is next weekend and also takes place over the Sunday we're supposed to sing/ring in church.  And it's also our rescheduled NLSW school activity at the WowZone.  So I had to call them again and postpone it.  I didn't give them a new date.  We're going to bring it up at PTL and see what they say.  It might just stay cancelled. 


One of my boys went home sick today.  Even from this morning, he didn't look so good.  I hope he's back tomorrow.  We're almost at the end of our space unit and we are working on learning the phases of the moon (with oreos!).  We didn't have enough time to get to the oreos today, so we'll deal with them on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment