Monday, October 13, 2014

Another Day of Yuck

I stayed home sick from church yesterday.  Normally it wouldn't be that big a deal, but yesterday was the Joint Service at Redeemer where our kids join their kids and we all sing songs... and my class has a bake sale to raise money for Camp Omega.  So I called Mr. E and he said he'd talk to some parents about keeping an eye on the bake sale/collecting the money afterwards.  A parent dropped off the money this morning: $145.  Not too shabby!  I had planned to spend Sunday afternoon at school lesson planning; instead I sat on the couch and watched movies.  I tried reading a book, but gave up.  No fever, no throwing up, just an achy stomach. 


I did go to school today.  No appetite and a general overall tiredness, but I've survived so far.  Our last volleyball practice was supposed to be after school today, but the other coach called to see if we could cancel.  Our team played really well at Saturday's tournament (4th place) and we only have one game left (tomorrow, 5:00), so why not cancel?  I told the girls and surprise surprise, they actually wanted to have practice for once!  Too bad.  If I'd been feeling better, I probably would've just done practice myself.  Oh well.


This afternoon, as I waited in the hallway, one of the little kindergarten girls came out from the bathroom and told me, "I love your hairdo."  Another one of the kindergartners was so proud of himself!  He dumped his lunch tray and said to me, "Hi Mrs. B!" When I didn't respond, he tried again, this time waving, "Hi Mrs. B!"  Apparently, I look a lot like the 1st and 2nd grade teacher today.


This morning I walked in my classroom and found the desks all rearranged.  Instead of being in pods of four desks, the 5th grade desks were in two lines and the 6th grade pod was spread out.  Huh.  Mr. E said he saw a blue suburban outside my classroom last night at about 8:00.  Lights were on in my room, so he thought maybe it was someone from my family hanging out and didn't come over to check.  Once my kids arrived, they noticed one of the 5th graders who hadn't had a crate now had one (and his desk could actually close)... maybe it was him!  He arrived and told us the desks had been like that when he got to school.  After more detecting, we discovered one of the 6th graders dropped by Friday night at 10:00 and the desks were in their normal positions.  So.  The switcheroo had to have happened between 10:00 Friday and 7:00 Sunday.  We still don't know who did it.  Was it the janitor?  (but he's been vacuuming in our room since the beginning of the year and always puts the desks back normally).  Was it someone mad at our class/teacher, wanting to freak us out or mess with us?  (that was the 5th graders' idea)  It's still a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment