Thursday, October 2, 2014

Electronic Death

Today we mourn the passing of my external hard drive.  It's life was not long and its passing was sudden.


Yes, my external hard drive does not work at all now.  Last night I spent about an hour trying to get any documents that weren't on my laptop on my laptop.  The drive kept freezing and not being recognized.  So I'd plug it in and pray pray pray... and it would transfer files for a few minutes, then freeze again... and the cycle would repeat. 


Last night at school I had spent a good 45 minutes gathering information from websites so I could sort through/make a powerpoint on South America at home.  Guess where that information was saved.  On the dead external hard drive.  I thought I had saved it on my regular flash drive, but no.  It was a dark point in my evening.  But there wasn't anything I could do.


In the morning I corrected papers and typed up chaperone notes for our upcoming field trips.  And then I remembered that I had a student coming in to take a test at 7:30.  There went my quiet time to quick throw something together.  For some reason, I remained pretty calm about the whole thing.  I found a couple youtube videos about South America and some good pictures on Wikipedia, and that's what the 8th graders did in class.  The leftover time we spent studying the countries of South America. 


Our iodine experiment is working quite nicely.  After being in regular water overnight, the dark purple is now a light purple color and is definitely getting lighter.  I wonder how light it will turn?


My class dropped in numbers today.  One kid was sick and another went home sick.  The one that came to school had a low temperature and said he had a headache and his arms felt weird and rubbery and tingly... maybe he had what I had?  Someone came and picked him up from school.  Hopefully both boys are back tomorrow!


We lost one match and won one match today.  Our games were at MLHS again and we played Alden-Conger (lost two games) and Granada-Huntley-East Chain (lost one, won two).  Home games tomorrow got moved up an hour because of the rainy weather (no soccer).  So maybe I'll get home to Fulda a little early!  Ivy's probably going to see some of the games too; one of her friends is dropping her off so I can give her a ride home this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment