Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Picture Day

Words I never thought I'd hear, "Miss H, can I go put on my tux?"


Yep.  This morning, one of the 5th grade boys waltzed into the classroom and made that profound announcement.  He even had a tie and a vest.  Pretty shnazzy.  Lots of my students wore plaid button-up shirts... over their regular t-shirts.  After pictures they'd unbutton them in a clean getaway of the dress-up clothes.


Picture day brought a whole bunch of drama.  The 3rd and 4th graders never got envelopes (or else the brothers/sisters of my students are very forgetful), so parents wrote one check and put it in one student's envelope.  The other students needed an envelope to write their package number down... scavenger hunt through the classrooms!  Mr. E had a box full, so we were all good there.  One mom called before school started to confess her son left his envelope at home.  She gave me the info so I could fill out a new form for him.  She paid online too, so we didn't even have to worry about the money!  Another student brought his envelope back... but no check.  After calling mom, she called Lifetouch and paid over the phone.  I hope he marked his sheet right!


The two boys who fought yesterday were definitely making an attempt to be nicer to each other.  One of their classmates commented, "Man, [the students] were the nicest I've ever seen them.  [student] even gave him a complement!"  It was very nice not to be on police duty all day.


Only three students didn't bring their money for Camp Omega.  Two kids have parents chaperoning our field trip tomorrow, so I can get the money then.  Not too bad!  Now I just have to find time to go to the bank in town before it closes...

No comments:

Post a Comment