Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Ketchup Day

I tried to make a joke with my class today.  They didn't get it.


In English we've been doing so many prep things for our NaNo stories that they've fallen a little behind, so I gave them a day to catch up (on spelling and handwriting too).  I tried to be clever and call it a "ketchup" day... but only one or two people got it.  And then they tried to explain it to the kids who didn't get it... and those kids were still confused.  So yeah.  That was my day.


I told the class about our new student.  My kids reminded me all the things we needed to get ready for him: a banana on the Helper of the Day rotation, a coat hook label, a desk, books, a tiger for our welcome board, etc.  I printed a bunch of things to give him when he stops by on Thursday.  I'm also thinking about giving him some NaNo homework so he's not completely thrown under the bus November 4th.


This morning I realized that I should've started the year teaching chemistry instead of starting with physics.  The physics lesson we're supposed to learn next builds on concepts taught in the chemistry book.  So I guess we're switching to chemistry now and we'll pick up with physics after we finish up that book.  Kind of throws a wrench in my plans, but at least I found out about it now.  I had been planning to do another science lesson this week, but with a new student starting next week, I might just do a history lesson so he doesn't miss out on our first chemistry day.


Well, I have pottery tonight, so I'm going to keep this short and end here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment