Thursday, October 30, 2014

Nightmare

Last night I had a dream that one of my students wouldn't stop talking.  And then she followed me around (still talking) and I couldn't get her to leave.  What an awful way to wake up! 


Pottery last night was good.  I finished a mug I've been working on the past few weeks (waiting for it to get leather hard so I could carve into it).  Mary, a sheep, the manger, and baby Jesus are also completed, although I'm not too sure about my sheep... it kind of looks like a llama. 


All the movies I ordered came in at the library yesterday, so I have five movies to watch while I correct papers.  Probably won't get to all of them, but I should make a dent in it tonight. 


School was average today.  Nothing too exciting happened.  We prepped some more for the Fall Carnival tomorrow.  The 8th grade boys brought in a desk for our new student.  The only desk they could find is teeny tiny and too small for the new kid.  I was going to see if another teacher wanted to switch out a desk, but when my students saw it, about five of them immediately volunteered to switch desks so they could take the mini one.  We drew sticks. 


The new student and his mom stopped by after school today to drop off his stuff.  He had a lot of questions about how much homework he'll have and how much recess he gets.  Strangely, many of his questions were about raising his hand (when do you have to raise your hands, if it's okay to help others if they're stuck, if there's ever any times I'm out of the classroom...).  They stayed for about an hour and a half.  Good for answering questions/feeling comfortable about the switch... not so good for Miss H getting her lesson plans done.  Another late night at school. 


Thankfully, I have everything finished up now.  My bags are packed and I just need to grab my report cards... maybe I'll get a little more done on them at home tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment