Friday, February 20, 2015

Deep Cleaning

Yes ladies and gentlemen, I'm still at school at 6:00 on a Friday.  I would've been out of here way before now, but I had a student with a super messy desk/crate and I asked her mom if she could stay after school one day to clean it out.  She asked if today would work... well, I had nothing else going on, so I said yes.  And three hours later she's finally finished.  Talk, talk, talk.  Do everything BUT clean.  I did get more grades entered and a lot of papers corrected while she was cleaning!


Our "I Love to Read Month" activity this afternoon went well.  We split up into pairs and read a Dr. Seuss book in the gym.  Then the pairs drew their favorite character.  We're going to hang the artwork in the hall for all to admire!


Art time got cut short this afternoon... I wanted to do a fancy-looking project for kids who don't like the art project they have so far for the Fine Arts Fair.  We're doing a watercolor silhouette involving positive and negative space.  First, watercolor a big white piece of paper.  Then, draw an outline of something on a smaller black piece with a pencil.  Cut out the shape.  Glue over the water-colored paper.  The top part can be the positive space and the bottom the negative space.  My sample was a palm tree and grass.  It looks pretty cool if I say so myself.  The rest of the class wanted to do animals.  We found some really cool pictures to mimic for their stencils.  Someone is doing a horse, another a wolf, a bird on a branch, another is doing hands in the shape of a heart.  Hopefully they turn out!


My sore throat is gone.  Yay!  Just in time for the weekend.  Sunday is a pretty jam packed with social events (surprisingly).  Pastor and his wife invited me over for dinner on Sunday.  Their youngest son is bringing friends home from college, one of which I'm related to, (one of my Aunt Janis's grandsons... I can't remember his name) and she thought it would be fun for me to join them.  Then, my friend Laura is finally back from Abu Dhabi and her "welcome back to America" party is that evening.  I'm bringing bacon and oreo truffles.  But tonight's plan of events is pretty low-key... lots of books.  And probably chocolate.  Or cookies.  Or both.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment