Thursday, February 19, 2015

Strep Scare

I found out one of my students who's been out all week officially has strep throat.  Yay.  I've had a sore throat for the past few days, so of course I got all paranoid about it... my mind when to all the hard questions, "Should I go in to the doctor?  If I'm out for the rest of the week, who's going to teach my class?  What kinds of lessons would I leave for the sub?  Normal stuff? Easy stuff?"  After school I shined a flashlight in my mouth in front of the mirror (in my classroom... no one could see me, whew!) and noticed only red.  No white spots, no inflamed tonsils.  Cue a sigh of relief!  Still a little worried about it, but now my throat is starting to feel a little better. 


We read a TON in our read aloud book today.  Oh there were so many cliff-hanger endings!  Almost every chapter we read had one!  So of course we had to keep reading.  I think we'll finish the book tomorrow.  I told my prediction to the class and they pounced on the idea, "Miss H, you told us we were going to finish it so now we have to finish it tomorrow no matter what!!!"  They tried to convince me to finish today, but my voice just didn't have enough power today to keep going that long.  That and Mrs. B was in today listening... if she hadn't been in, I maybe would've kept going.  Nothing like a casual observer to make a teacher do the right thing (even if she herself wants to keep reading).  But Mrs. B is getting caught up in the story too... she asked what time she should come in so she doesn't miss the end of the book.  Ah, I love people who love to read!


All my midterm grades are entered into the computer and I have the reports printed off... just have to add some comments and they'll be ready to send home tomorrow!  Now on to the library and the grocery store before my correcting night commences.

No comments:

Post a Comment