Monday, February 2, 2015

Super Prepared

Man, I am ready for this week.  Maybe not all the way mentally... but lesson plan wise?  I've got everything covered.  This is pretty rare for a Monday.  But this weekend I visited Fulda and Ethan convinced me to watch the first Indiana Jones... which turned into an all afternoon movie marathon (We skipped #4 though).  So I watched movies and added pictures to all my powerpoints for the week.  Two days this week the 5th and 6th graders have labs, and I have all the supplies for them; I'll just need to set them up the day of the lab.


I cleaned off the lab table to make room for our upcoming labs.  Wow, our vinegar/egg experiment really got the table dirty.  Maybe I can convince one of my early-to-school kids to wash it off for me... Lately, if my kids leave important books (i.e. math books) somewhere not in their desk overnight, I've been confiscating the items and making the owner do a job to get it back.  I've been having trouble thinking of jobs, but now I have one in mind!  Looking around the room just now I think they're picking up after themselves pretty well.


The Lakefield tournament was this weekend.  The girls got 2nd out of 4!  The boys got 4th out of 4.  They played really well; the other schools are just way taller than our guys.  But everyone had fun at the pool.  Of course, they're all super tired today.  After we practiced our February bell songs, the 8th graders begged for naptime.  So we did.  They shut off the lights and some of them curled up on the bell foam while others snuggled with the reading corner rug.  Not too comfortable, but hey, it's better than nothing. 


This is pretty much the last week of basketball.  There are games today, tomorrow, and Thursday, plus practice on Wednesday.  Next week, we have a few away games and our home tournament.  After that, basketball is over.  The 8th graders always plan dress-up days for the week of our tournament.  This year's selections are: PJ Day, Camo Day, Goofy/Silly Day, Class Color Day, and Braves' Day.  By the time the 8th graders got to my classroom, all the good colors in the rainbow had been picked already.  Only yellow was left (perfectly good color... just not easy to find clothes that match), so we picked "neon" for both grades.  My class has a lot of neon clothes they wear on a regular basis so it shouldn't be too difficult for them.  Me on the other hand... I'm going to have to dive deep into my closet. 


With all my extensive planning this weekend, I really don't have all that much to do now.  It's 5:15 and I'm off for home!  Maybe I'll actually cook something for supper.  I brought some eggs back with me; I think I'll make an egg bake.  Or an omelet.  But an egg bake I can eat all week... hmm... things to ponder on the drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment