Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Back in Action

Yeah, the blizzard yesterday? Not really a blizzard.  The sun shining down was just warm enough to melt a little of the snow and the wind didn't blow it around nearly as much as everyone thought.  I did enjoy my day off though!  I made waffles for lunch, read some books, made soup for supper, read another book, watched a movie... very relaxing.


Today's agenda was rush, rush, rush!  We had chapel a little later than usual, so we did a hymn sing at our normal time, did read-aloud early (yeah, we finished the book... I really need to work on stopping reading when I say I am...), had time for one round of Daily 5, and then went to chapel in the gym.  Pastor Bode from Redeemer was our guest pastor for the day.  His message was on being faithful servants/disciples and washing others' feet.  He washed Mr. E's feet. 


After chapel, we ate lunch in the gym.  I helped cut and serve the cake (delicious! from HyVee!) and my lines were actually straight!  It helped that there were pre-marked lines on the frosting...  I had just enough time to eat before our entertainment for the day showed up, a ventriloquist/magician/juggler from North Mankato, Randy Christensen.  He did a variety show for us, and all I heard from the kids was how awesome he was!  I heard gut-busting laughter from a lot of the students sitting around me.  So I'd say our day was a success.


My class and the 8th graders helped clean up the tables and chairs from the meal and bring them over to church, thereby wiping out their recess time.  So we gave them a little recess afterwards.  I moved the 8th graders' science test to tomorrow (a lot forgot to study what with the early out yesterday) and just did geography/bells today.  So much arguing!  They fight over who can see more of the music in the book!  Some even to the point of tears!  Ugh. 


It's getting time for church... I better buzz over and eat some supper before they pack everything up!

No comments:

Post a Comment