Thursday, March 5, 2015

Project Linus

Favorite Book Character Day.  I dressed up as Rapunzel from the book Rapunzel's Revenge.  Most kids didn't recognize me, so I found some nametag stickers and wrote my "name" on one.  Other cute costumes from today are: Fly Guy, Elsa (from Frozen), the Pigeon (Mrs. E), Nancy Drew, Winnie the Pooh, Pinkalicious, Thing 1 and Thing 2... and some normal looking ones... Cal (from Conspiracy 365), Ordinary Boy (except it was a girl who dressed like him... again, normal clothes), and Brian from the Gary Paulsen books.  Mrs. B dressed up like Max from Where the Wild Things Are, Mrs. B (1st and 2nd) was a hall monitor from Eerie Elementary


Our blanket-tying activity went really well!  We tied all the blankets in 1 1/2 hours.  The older kids started out cutting, but they got tired after a while and switched to tying.  The little ones wanted to try their hand at cutting, and they actually did pretty well!  I had to go dig out more scissors partway through because so many wanted to help cut.  Our pile of blankets is impressive, and they're all going to Project Linus!  The cards to go with aren't finished yet, but we did get the picture/personal messages written in.


Since we finished No More Dead Dogs yesterday, we started a new read aloud book today... Spy School by Stuart Gibbs (easily my class's favorite author).  I had planned to read a different book, but the book order came yesterday and with it a bunch of new books I got for free with tons of coupons!  Seriously, I had a ton of them.  Enough to get five books for free.  One word: awesome.


Now, I'm headed to Mankato for a book talk at Barnes and Noble... hopefully the books there won't prove too tempting!

No comments:

Post a Comment