Wednesday, May 6, 2015

11

PTL meeting tonight.  I always feel slightly overwhelmed after those meetings.  More things are always added to the to-do list and seeing how fast the list grows always makes me feel a little panicked.  The latest drama is about the prairie planting (a project we started last year proposed by one of the families in my classroom).  Parents are concerned about it looking like an overgrown weed patch.  And they want someone to weed it.  So it's up to me to talk to the parents and see if they'll set up weeding nights at the prairie planting.  Hopefully that goes over well. 


Before the meeting, Mrs. B, her daughter, Mr. D, and I went to McDonald's in New Ulm for supper.  It was Mrs. B's idea since she didn't pack supper for her daughter and her.  I was planning to wait until after the meeting was over and eat at home, but she asked if anyone wanted to come along and I thought, why not?  Tomorrow night I was supposed to have dinner with my friends who just had a baby, but I'm thinking that's not happening now since she'll just be coming home from the hospital.  Craziness.


Today was super quiet with two students out for the funeral and one out with a concussion.  We made our Mother's Day presents (just finished spray painting a clear coat on them) and will put little squares of felt on the bottoms and wrap them tomorrow in class. 


The Wishbone episode was a hit (we watched the Time Traveler episode).  They loved it so much (and we had extra time) so we watched a second one (the Count of Monte Cristo).  We might even watch some more as our class marble prize... we'll see.


I had to teach the 8th graders about reproduction today.  It wasn't as bad as the first time I had to teach it (two years ago).  We mostly focused on how a baby grows and develops from conception to birth.  So now only two more 8th grade science classes left in the school year!


Balloon activity for tomorrow: read aloud for one hour! Though they'll probably convince me to read longer... not that I mind.  No spelling this week, most are finished with handwriting, and we have art projects/presents to finish making.

No comments:

Post a Comment