Friday, May 1, 2015

14

It really doesn't feel like a Friday.  I keep trying to think what I have to get ready for tomorrow, and the answer is... nothing.  Weird.  So for once I could actually take off early from school, but I can't because we have our Variety Night tonight.  I'm just going to put it out there right now: our teacher skit is going to rock.  Mr. E said that the 8th graders keep asking him what it's about or what we're doing and he keeps feeding them false information like "it's going terrible; I don't know if it's going to happen or not; that's why I was so late to the softball game yesterday".  Then students are taking guesses on which superhero Mr. D is going to be... no one is guessing that he'll be Batman again.  Some guesses are Spiderman or the Hulk.  Ha!


I think we have everything set up and ready to go for tonight.  The people who donated the keg of 1919 root beer dropped it off at church today, so that's all ready to go.  I put the five gallons of ice cream in the fridge.  Now all we need are bake sale items and paper products from the 5th and 6th grade families. 


We had a speaker from CropLife come talk to our class about the Wide World of Weeds.  She was great!  The speaker has recently moved to Mankato and is originally from Michigan.  She brought in cotton bolls and wool and spoons made of corn (plastic-looking) other agriculture products.  She talked about common weeds in MN and how tall they get (some grow 8ft. tall!).  And, she talked about the difference between organic food and "regular" food (there is no difference).  Very good presentation all around.


This afternoon was such a blur, I hardly had time to think.  After math/8th graders' class, we walked over to church to practice our skits, then we had a quick run-through of the program just practicing walking up and back (the program is probably going to be 45 minutes or so).  There were a couple things to fix on the powerpoint, so I sent my class back with Mr. D to have recess.  Before I even made it two steps, someone tattled "Miss H, [student] and [student] are fighting.  He totally body-checked him!"  Great, just what I wanted to deal with.  Mr. E had just reamed them out over fighting/arguing not five minutes before as they were leaving church... so they all made a trip to the office to get to the bottom of it.  I'm so fed up with the fighting!  And there's nothing I can do to stop it!


To top it off, I completely forgot to send another student over to Nicollet for special services.  By the time we remembered, the lady who buses the student over had already given up and left.  A bunch of students said that the lady was really mad... The worst part is, I was going to call them this morning to see if they could pick her up at church and I completely forgot!!!  Ugh!


Well, I have most things finished up for now in my classroom.  The rest I'm going to leave until Sunday afternoon I think.  Miss H is going to do my hair for our teacher skit and Mr. and Mrs. E invited all of us over for burgers.  That's where I'm headed! 


Monday's balloon activity: visit the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment