Tuesday, May 19, 2015

2

I just feel like gloating a little bit... do you see these awesome books down here???  Yep, my kids wrote them and I published them (via CreateSpace).  It's the stories they wrote for NaNo way back in November.  They're going to be a surprise present on the last day of school.  I can't wait to see their faces when they open them!

They're all wrapped and ready to go, hidden under the para desk at school.  So far only the 6th graders know (since they got a book last year) and maybe one fifth grader who heard about it from a blabby 6th grader.


The fire truck ride this afternoon was fun.  They brought out four trucks and we took turns sitting in the front.  The rest of us sat in the back where the oxygen tanks and gear are stored.  The drive did end up being an hour and they probably would've gone longer.  It helped that S (Mrs. B's son) came along and had them guessing riddles during the drive.  We got back to school with barely enough time to do our "jobs" (taking out trash, sweeping the gym, taking down flags... normally 8th grade jobs, but they're on their class trip, so we get to do them) before the bus.


Tomorrow's balloon activity: break the piñatas! One of the parents sent two huge bags of candy to school; one less thing for me to buy!  After stuffing our piñatas, we still have a ton left... save it for next year? Give it out as prizes?  I'll find something to do with the leftovers.  We only have one lonely balloon hanging on the ceiling... and two little red chains.  Our ceiling looks so empty!  And we have a chapter and a half of Evil Spy School left... they wanted me to finish the book today, but the natives were restless and we had too much other stuff to do.  My guess is, we'll finish tomorrow.


And now I'm off to sand volleyball!  We play at 6:45, so I should have just enough time to get home and eat some supper before we play.  I'm pretty sure my feet are still going to freeze.  Hopefully they don't wet the sand down before we play.

No comments:

Post a Comment