Tuesday, May 5, 2015

12

Lots of ups and downs today.

The brother sister pair in my class left early/didn't come to school today because of their grandma's wake today.  They'll be gone all day tomorrow for the funeral.  The sister asked me if I'd go to the wake after school today, so that's where I'm headed after this.

Another student was out today because of bad allergies.  And another one bit the dust after lunch... he got taken out by a scooter-riding 8th grader (by accident) and has a concussion.  So, no sports/recess/Track and Field Day for the foreseeable future.  And no school for him tomorrow.

Yikes!

On the bright side, I've started working on the NaNo story surprises for my students... I always print their book at the end of the year, and I have everything typed up.  Now to just plug it into the computer.

We settled on a Mother's Day present to make... I inherited a ton of bathroom tiles in a box and never knew quite what to do with them.  Lo and behold, Pinterest had an idea!  Mod Podge some catalog pictures on them, spray a little sealant, tie it with a bow... voila! Mother's Day coasters!  We have enough for each student to make four.  Now we just need to find the class time...

And two of my college friends (I was in their wedding) just had their baby today! :)  A boy! (I so called it).  Not sure what his name is yet, but I will keep you posted.  [UPDATE! His name is Everest Eugene Aurelio.]  Not sure how this affects our dinner plans for Thursday this week...

Balloon activity- only a few worked without shoes.  Not the best one of the bunch.  Tomorrow's is a little better: watch a Wishbone episode.  I think they'd be more excited if they knew what Wishbone was.  Some of the 6th graders remembered it from last year, but the 5th graders are mystified.  They perked up a bit when I told them it was a TV show.  So we'll see what happens.  Still trying to decide which episode I should have them watch...



No comments:

Post a Comment