Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Back in Action

The kids were really wound up today.  They weren't bad, just full of energy.  Since we've been gone for about a week, it took a while to settle into our normal routine.  And it being a Wednesday made school a little strange.  At least there are only two more days left this week!

I was a bit discombobulated coming into school this morning.  Mr. E still hadn't gotten me my math grades, so I had hoped he'd have them waiting for me at school.  Even though I got to school early (i.e. before 7:30), I still found a student in my classroom!  He was working quietly on his math, but it still threw me off to have another person in the room with me.  I did get a bunch of things done, but Mr. E didn't have math grades ready.  He was trying to get the all-school activity for the quarter scheduled for a time when the Student Council leader (Miss H) can actually be here... which is only next Tuesday afternoon.  Unfortunately, that's right at the time the 6th grade girls have puberty ed.  So he wanted me to email the school nurse to see if we could change the schedule.

My kids were looking for random jobs to do, but my mind was being pulled in too many directions to come up with anything.  We had three boxes of books waiting for my attention, one for the Scholastic book fair (still unopened right now), a box of student book orders, and our Student Treasures books.  My kiddos were super excited about their books so I let them unpack the books and hand them out... but when we opened them up we found a bunch of typos!!!! And I am POSITIVE they weren't there when I approved the book.  Plus the printing was kind of grainy and had some strange lines that discolored the pictures.  After school I called the company and they're letting us fix the typos and will reprint the books for us.  Such great customer service.

Besides all the fuss about the boxes, everyone wanted to know details about the Northrup fire.  Right before I got to school, my mom texted me that one of my uncle's churches burned down last night, the one in Northrup that has a school/gym attached to it.  The principal of the school emailed all the other principals in the circuit of Lutheran schools in our area, letting them know about the damage, and it sounds like it's a lot worse than it looked like at first.  Mrs. E had the idea they should make a GoFundMe account so people can donate to the recovery effort if they want.  We decided to donate our chapel funds this quarter to Northrup to help with recovery.

So the day was crazy. But tomorrow is a new day, hopefully one that's a bit calmer...

No comments:

Post a Comment