Friday, March 4, 2016

Bulletins and Fine Art

Last night's book talk was very nice.  Lots of great picture books to add to my to-read shelf!  There were a few I'd read already, but many I have never heard of before.

Today's big project was getting the bulletins colored.  Since I had to pick up the bulletins from church this morning before school, I frantically folded the towels/washcloths my class had used at the Lenten supper Wednesday (I took them home to wash) so I could drop them off as well.  I ended up leaving my apartment later than I like to, but I got all my church errands run before too long.

My class was not gung-ho about coloring.  I must admit, many of our covers look like they were colored by preschoolers or kindergartners... Some did take their time, but the majority were rather reluctant.  Mr. D brought them over to church after school and the church secretary will put them in the church mailboxes for Sunday.  And National Lutheran Schools Week here we come!

Mrs. B helped me get my art ready for the Fine Arts Fair.  All the art has to be matted and have a judging sheet/name card attached.  Some of the art my students picked is a little bulky and doesn't mat well.  We have some paper plate weaving projects and some quilling projects that are 3D and heavy... hopefully they stay stuck to the paper backing!  Now our art "Unearthed Treasures" corner is looking pretty bare! I guess we'll have to do an art project soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment