Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Flying Chips

Taco in a bag today.  My incredibly picky class ALL had hot lunch.  No cold lunches. No chef salads.
And taco in a bag is actually something meant to walk/eat, so I could tote my lunch outside to watch them at recess.  The only problem was the wind.  Every time I'd take a forkful of chips/etc., the wind would carry the lighter bits away.  Soon the ground to the west was littered with tiny orange triangles.  But I figured out I had to be faster moving the fork to myself, and I got better with practice.

There's a storm moving in tomorrow that's throwing a kink in my plans.  Since I took Mr. E's class for him last Thursday, he was going to return the favor by taking my kids for the afternoon tomorrow so I could leave early.  But the storm is supposed to start around 10:00, so that wouldn't help me much... unless I took the whole day off.  He was totally cool with that, so that's what I'm going to do!

Now I need to get all my report card stuff together, pack up the papers to correct, and finish up lesson plans for next week... and quick do my to-do list at home.  It's Grandma H's 80th birthday today, and now I'll be able to get to Fulda to celebrate!  (Just so you know Grandma, my students all wish you a happy birthday... we would've called to sing to you, but the end of the day came too fast).

No comments:

Post a Comment