Monday, March 7, 2016

Windows Open

It is SO nice outside.  I've had my classroom windows open pretty much all day, so it smells like spring in here.  It's a happy smell.  And we went outside for recess.  It was lovely.  Lots of four square players and mini-basketball.  We had to stay on the blacktop because there is still some melting snow on the playground... and it was pajama day at school.

I wore slippers, sweatpants, and my Case IH muscle machine shirt.  Lots of compliments from the Case lovers and lots of "ugh, that's a terrible shirt!" from the John Deere lovers.  Being in "pjs" all day was actually kind of tough! It definitely took more energy to motivate myself; it was kind of a lazy day.

For NLSW, we spent part of the afternoon signing up for the Winter Olympics and making country banners/flags.  Friday, we'll actually compete in the Olympics.  Tomorrow is a field trip day to Bethany for the Young Writers and Artists Conference.  I'm taking a car-full of kids with me as soon as the first bus gets here in the morning so I can take care of registration.  Everyone else will follow after the second bus arrives.  So part of my after-school routine was putting kids in cars with chaperones.  Hopefully I don't forget my sack lunch!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment