Thursday, February 2, 2017

Drained a Three

Apparently I was the talk of the 7th and 8th grade class today... For geography today we took a map test on Asia.  That only took about 15 minutes, so we went in the gym for some extra recess (no one else was in it for once!)  The boys started up a game of lightning and asked if I'd play too.  Sure! Why not?

Instead of starting at the free-throw line, they played from the 3pt line.  And right away on my turn I drained a three.  They were quite impressed (especially since I got one of the good kids out by doing that).  Mr. E said it was all they could talk about coming back from my room.  Haha, it's nice to know my basketball skills have improved now that I don't need them!

The 5th and 6th graders finished their chemistry book today.  Next week we'll start physics.  The last lab (the one I wasn't sure about doing because it's kind of gross) I ended up doing as a demonstration kind of thing so the kids who wanted to participate could and the ones who thought it'd make them sick could just do something else (aka- their science worksheet).  I had three boys who volunteered to chew up the bread and two girls who volunteered to spit in the cups (to soak the bread).  The idea was that the enzymes in the saliva would work to break apart the starch so when iodine was sprayed there would be more black on some and less black on others.  It kind of worked.  A few of them said the lab wasn't as gross as the upperclassmen made it sound.  A few of them got totally grossed out and felt like they were going to be sick.  Thankfully no one actually did get sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment