Monday, February 6, 2017

Pajama Day

It's Braves Spirit Week since our home basketball tournament is this weekend. Today was not my favorite dress up day of all, but I decided to be festive anyway.  I wore my Case IH Muscle Machine shirt, heart-patterned pj pants, and my warmest slippers.  It was comfy anyway!

Not too many kids gave me a hard time about the Case shirt, which was a surprise. One of the 6th grade spelling words this week is "muscle" and one of the boys noticed that word was on my shirt.  I hadn't even realized it until he said (in the middle of the pretest), "Miss H, you're giving it away!"

Last night after I got home from my weekend travels, I wrote a letter to one of the people who'd posted their addresses on InCoWriMo.  It got mailed this morning!  At school today, I got TWO letters in the mail from other InCoWriMos!  Woo!!! One of them was from South Africa even! The other letter was actually from the lady I just wrote to last night!  How crazy is that?  I will probably write back to her again today, replying to some of the things she said in her letter.  Wow, I am loving this challenge!

I wonder how many more letters I'll get at school... Originally, I posted the address of the school on the site, but I got to thinking that I'd much rather have something fun in my mailbox at home so I changed my address on the site.  My students were jealous of me since their pen pals have not written them in a long time.  One boy still has not gotten anything from his pen pal! He said today he thinks his pen pal has probably died and that's why he isn't responding.  It's a mystery!  Hopefully we'll get some more letters in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment