Thursday, February 16, 2017

World Read-Aloud Day

Guess what day it is today? World Read-Aloud Day! I hadn't been planning on it, but we spent pretty much our whole morning doing read-aloud.  Of course we had religion and took our spelling tests.  But other than those things, we read the whole morning.  It gave everyone time to catch up on all the assignments that were due today.  We read 68 pages total!

This afternoon we went to a play at Nicollet put on by MSU students. It was called, "The Stolen Wind" and was about a guy (who looked like a pirate) who stole the wind so all pirates couldn't do any bad, piratey things.  But there were three pirate friends who were good and needed the wind so their boat could take them places where they could help people. So they went on a quest to get the wind back.  It was really good! The message (being kind and supportive to each other) didn't overpower the plot.  The singers were AMAZING.  The costumes were neat.

The best part about these plays is that students do everything... the writing, composing, lyrics, set design, costume design, acting... All the actors/actresses were either 18 or 19, so they must be freshmen.  They started working on it in early September. From the question/answer session it seemed like the seven actors we saw today just did the acting part of it and other MSU students created the other parts of the play.  Still, I give all the people involved major props! It was very well done.  

Meh, I have a mountain of papers to correct. Since it was a short week (we don't have school tomorrow), everyone had one less day to do their usual weekly assignments, meaning everything got turned in today instead of trickling in periodically earlier in the week.  Since there's no school until Tuesday next week, I really don't feel like doing any 'teacher' work, but I know I should do it now since I have so many plans this weekend!  My good college friend's birthday is Saturday and she has a half day of school tomorrow so I'm heading over to Faribault to see her. Then Saturday I'll be in Truman.  Sunday I'll head to Fulda and be there until Monday.  So tonight and tomorrow morning are my chances to get things done! Let's hope I can drum up some motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment