Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Missing Glove Found!

The lost has been found!

During read-aloud this morning, one of the 6th grade boys opened his desk and pulled out my glove, starting at it in shock like, "What in the world is this thing doing in my desk?"  I recognized it right away.  One of the other boys said, "Hey Miss H, is that your glove that you were missing?" I had written a note on the office whiteboard asking if anyone had seen my glove. Just minutes before my glove got pulled out of the desk, the boys in my class had had a meeting in the office with Mr. E about going to the state basketball tournament.  They'd seen my note there.

The boy who found my glove in his desk had no clue how it had gotten there.  But another 6th grader saw one of the 5th graders put it in there.  He revealed that another 5th grader had thrown it at him, so he threw it back, and that guy threw it back... anyway, long story short, one of them found the glove on the floor of the gym by the coat room.  I must've stuffed it under my arm after grabbing the banana papers Monday morning and it must've slipped out on my way through the maze of the coatroom.  Regardless of how it got there, I'm glad to have it back!

Lunchtime.  The fruit and vegetable challenge is still going strong though some of the 5th graders, while determined to win, are not so enthused about actually eating all their produce.  One girl was feeling creative and sang as she shoveled applesauce into her mouth, "I can eat all things through Christ who strengthens me, Christ who strengthens me, Christ who strengthens me!"  That's one of the songs we'll be singing in church in a few weeks... but the words are "I can do all things."  I have such creative students, don't I?

My Valentine's Day date was a hit. My farmer came over for supper and I cooked him a recipe he'd found a while ago on facebook (one of those video recipes).  I had been a little nervous to make it since it involves shrimp; I'm not a fan of seafood and I've never cooked shrimp before.  But the shrimp alfredo pasta wasn't too shrimpy and the rest of it tasted really good! I'll definitely make it again, although next time maybe I'll substitute a different meat for the shrimp.  After that we watched The Emperor's New Groove.  We hadn't talked about doing gifts at all, but I figured I'd be on the safe side and get him some Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (his favorite candy).  Good thing I did!  A while ago I'd seen an infomercial for a bright LED camping lantern thingy that I thought was super cool (and would be good for camping trips).  I said something about wanting to get one and then kind of forgot about it.  That's what my farmer got me!  Not the exact infomercial one, but this one is better because it has a dimmer switch and a compass.

No comments:

Post a Comment