Friday, September 15, 2017

Book

It was the sweetest thing ever... this morning an 8th grade girl came in my room holding a book.  When she was in my class she'd read a book by the same author (a Mankato author) and the author came out with another book.  Last night the author had a book signing and the student and her sister went.  They knew how much I love books so... they bought me a copy and had the author sign it! It says, "for Miss Heintz- Enjoy the story! Rebecca Fjelland Davis".  The book is called Slider's Son and it's a historical fiction.

It didn't get as hot today as we all thought it would.  My room was actually chilly up until the last hour of the day, and even then it wasn't too warm... low 70s.  It actually rained for a bit this morning/afternoon.  I didn't know there was rain in the forecast; I had cracked open my car windows since it was supposed to be so hot... I ended up running out there in the rain to close them!  Sigh, it always happens!  Oh well, the seats weren't too wet.

Now I'm headed over to church to set up for the spaghetti fundraiser for Guatemala.  The breadsticks (donated by Olive Garden) were dropped off at school so all the kids saw them and drooled over them.  Hopefully it convinces a few more people to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment