Monday, September 11, 2017

Mosquitoes

Wow those volleyball girls are hard to focus. They had all their homework done (or wanted to bring it home), so they were looking for something to do.  They wrote stories on the computer, let Joe walk around, fed him, cleaned his food dishes (we cleaned the tank earlier today), did 'exercise' to warm up for the game (involving yoga balls and yoga mats), ate snacks, asked others for snacks, and talked to me.  Yeah, I didn't get much work done.  Oh well, I didn't have a ton to do.

The mosquitoes were killer today!  Outside at noon recess I got at least five bites in the 10-15 minutes I was out there... ugh.  The 5-8th graders came inside from PE early today because Mr. E couldn't handle all the bugs... and he was in a suit!  It's not fun.

My students are totally in love with our new cook.  She's so friendly and chipper all the time!  Plus they adore her lunch menu.  Last week the full September menu came out and I could hardly hear over the roar of approval from my students, "Hot ham and cheese?! Taco in a bag?! Mastacholi?! All in one week??? ...She can never leave."  It's true, we've had a lot more variety in our menu since school started.  I'm so thankful we have a cook!

My new magnetic whiteboard still hasn't been installed yet.  I was hoping someone would do it over the weekend, but it didn't happen.  It's heavier than the previous one, so I'm not sure if it can use the same brackets that are there or not.  One of the 8th graders wants to install it (he's pretty handy), but he and Mr. E haven't had a chance to check it out.  Hopefully it will happen sometime this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment