Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Honkers

Walking over to chapel this morning was a hoot!  

All sorts of big semis were driving down the road.  And since my students are typical elementary students, as soon as they saw one coming, they pumped their right arms up and down in the air, making the universal (at least in Minnesota) sign for 'honk the horn please!'  The first one did, long and loud the whole way it passed my class.  The next one came closely after that, so as soon as my kiddos put their arms down, they spotted it and the arms went back up!  The semis came so close together, their arms were pumping practically the whole way over to chapel.  They looked hilarious all flapping their arms in the air, going faster and faster as the trucks came closer (as if that would be more convincing).  Two big white utility vans came next, and although my students tried to get them to honk, neither did.  But we were still in a great mood when we got to chapel. 

Pastor had the great idea to do 'prayer partners' this year.  Each student got a little pink heart to write their names on (teachers got a bigger red heart), then we put them in a basket, and each person drew out another heart.  That is the person they'll secretly pray for for the rest of the year.  And at the end of the year they'll tell their person.  Teacher did the same, but with teachers (and Pastor is in there too).  

We had a faculty meeting after school.  Surprisingly, my to-do list didn't grow very much during the meeting.  Usually I have added a ton of things I need to get done, but not this time.  I did get some potential leads on a sub for the week I'll be gone in October.  Hopefully at least one of them could do it!

Tonight I have bible study, and then probably working on the freelance writing I've been neglecting since Saturday.  I should run errands, but it'll be late-ish by the time bible study is over, so I'll wait and do it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment