Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Good Stuff

I've been going a little overboard placing holds on books at the library. I've maxed out my holds amount twice and I'm getting close to a third time... (you can only put holds on 25 books at a time in this library system!). I've also learned that there's a limit to how many you can check out at a time... 50. I maxed that out once and came close a second time. Apparently if you're a 'good' patron (aka, the librarians like you because you return your things on time and don't have any fines) they just override that.

I put a ton more on hold today because I found a bunch of books that tie in with our figurative language unit in English. If only we had more time to read them...

Today we packed boxes for Operation Christmas Child. It went pretty well, but it cut into our morning routine. Overall we had a pretty good day today. It was our first day in pods and they did all right. We are working our way towards earning crates in the classroom (they're currently in the coatroom and the boys do NOT like it... it's too much of a hassle for them to get their stuff). Our class has to beat me five days for that to happen. They did beat me today. Five days takes us to Thanksgiving break. So if they win all five, they could move their crates in the room in December!

My shop class last night went well. I did get done early. Turns out it was just me; another girl had signed up, but she had to work late and didn't end up coming. Mostly the shop teacher and I went around to each of the machines we'll be using in our upcoming class and we went over how to use it and the safety features. I had to take a quiz at the end where I listed all the safety rules of each machine. It's a lot to remember! My teacher showed me a picture of the planter we'll be making and it looks really cool! Now I just have to decide which plant I'm going to put in it... I certainly have lots to choose from!

No comments:

Post a Comment