Wednesday, November 13, 2019

We're Off to See the Wizard

Our schedule was pretty messed up today. Wednesdays are always a little different because we have chapel, but today we took a bus to New Ulm High School for their fall play, The Wizard of Oz. Everyone brought a sack lunch so we could leave at 11:30 to make it there in time. We crammed in three rounds of Daily 5. I had Miss S do a handwriting lesson with my handwriting boys. They were pretty rowdy, but they at least have their handwriting sheet for the week. 

The play was AWESOME! I am amazed at the talent of the actors (and the director!) for putting together such a great show. They sang beautifully, were well-cast, had special effects going on, neat costuming, and decent choreography. Some of the play differed from the movie (added scenes that I think added to the show), but there were still the old favorite songs and one-liners. 

One of my students has been reading the graphic novel version of the book. A few of mine have seen the movie, only one student in Mr. E's class. He had the great idea that the 7-8th graders should watch it on Friday... so we're going to switch math to the morning so we have enough time to watch the movie in the afternoon. I invited my class along, as long as they earn it! Hopefully that's a good enough incentive to get them to behave tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment