Thursday, November 14, 2019

Parent Teacher Conferences

Another long night this week. All my parents showed up. Shortest one was five minutes, longest was twenty. I had a few gaps between parents which I put to good use lesson planning for next week. Boy I am pooped!

A lot of parents said their kids are frustrated with how noisy/annoying their classmates are and that the whole class gets consequences when it's just a few people misbehaving. I try not to do that too often, but I'm sure those are the times that stick in their heads the most. I don't want to penalize the good students when they haven't done anything wrong. So I need to do something different. A few parents who do social work or have worked in classrooms before had some suggestions I'm going to try. It's just a matter of which one I want to try first...

Sigh. So much research to do, so little time.

On the plus side, I've been keeping up with my NaNo words! My class is 58% done with our goal. We've written about 34,000 words so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment