Friday, November 15, 2019

Royal Treatment

My kids gave Joe's tank the royal treatment today... they fluffed up the coconut husk fiber, cleaned out his food bowl, added fresh food to the dish, and rearranged the dirt. Not only did they do all that, they did some engineering as well. Two of the boys took the 'pool' the girls had made a while ago, cut the opening wider, and flipped it upside down to be a cave for Joe to go in. They carefully patted dirt on top and the sides so if he wants to he can go up top. Once they put him back in his tank, he headed straight for the cave and has been in there ever since! I wonder when we'll see him again...

A few days ago, a different boy stuck a black and white picture of a tortoise on the side of the tank. "Joe needs a girlfriend," he said. Joe is pretty shy. I wonder if that's why he went into the cave so fast... I also think tortoises can't see super well, so maybe not.

My class behaved super well today! They beat me by six points! Our classroom was quiet during our Daily 5 rounds and everyone was productive. It was fantastic.

We watched the Wizard of Oz with the 7-8th graders in Mr. E's classroom (and my class behaved super well again!). After the first hour I ducked back into my room to correct the 7-8th grade 3D earth projects. Yesterday when Mr. E and I did some hunting to find the movie, we saw some clips from the first bit of it. I realize now that I've never seen the first 20 minutes of the movie! Growing up my family's copy was a recording of the movie, and the recording started right at the part where Dorothy is trying to get into the house... no scenes with the hired hands, the evil neighbor lady, or the traveling fortune teller! No wonder I thought the high schoolers added scenes to the play! So I stuck around long enough to see Dorothy meet the Tin Woodsman. Such a great movie. It is pretty scary though, especially the tornado at the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment