Thursday, February 27, 2020

Bell Update

Last night the 5-8th graders played bells for Ash Wednesday service. It was... not a complete train wreck. It's not as bad as that sounds. The first song sounded great at practice that morning, but we got off on the wrong foot and a bunch of them got lost. I actually considered starting the song over, but we carried on and they eventually found their places again. Until one pair couldn't get the page turned, but they caught up again too. The congregation couldn't tell we were messing up... I know because they told me. My Bible study ladies said they only knew it wasn't going how it was supposed to go by the looks on their faces. Their faces were priceless!

The second song went better. It included the 5th graders on the tone chimes. They did pretty well overall. We're going to play that song ("Ah, Holy Jesus") for Fine Arts Fair in two weeks, but swap out the 5th graders with the 6-8th graders who didn't play in that song this time.

School today... Eh. I feel like I keep saying the same thing over and over. My normally crazy kid did okay today, except all the other boys went crazy/yelled at each other at recess/had meltdowns/couldn't keep their hands to themselves... I'll stop there. Thank the Lord tomorrow is Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment