Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Teacher or Astronaut?

At lunch today, one of the girls wanted to play ‘would you rather’. Right away she asked me, “If you had to choose between being a 5-6th grade teacher and an astronaut, which would you pick?” Hmm. Not as tough a choice as you would think. I said I’d still be a teacher because I know how to do that and I don’t know much rocket science. One of the other girls chimed in, “Yes you do! From Camp Omega! You made a rocket there!” ...She does have a point.

The girl who’d originally asked clarified, “Well, let’s say you knew how to do both. Like you were trained to do either. What would you pick?”  I’d still pick being a teacher. I love getting kids excited about learning and I like being around people. I think astronauts have to get lonely sometimes all alone in their space ship. That and I like to have my books around me. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment