Thursday, February 20, 2020

Me Time

Boy today was a tough one. One kid just didn't care about school today and nothing I could do or say could get him to stop talking. He kept getting mad whenever I tried to redirect him, either ignoring me or yelling and stalking out of the room. We talked a few times to try to get to the bottom of it, but he didn't have an answer for what set him off. His parents are going on a (well-deserved) week long vacation next week, and I know he's not looking forward to that, but he said that wasn't the reason. His homework fixes weren't the reason either. So he ended up working in Mr. E's room for the rest of the morning.

I am really nervous about these parents being gone. I'm glad they're going and I hope they are able to relax and de-stress. But I have no idea how their kid is going to be in school. And without someone at home to talk through his behavior with him, I have a feeling next week is going to be a rough one. Or he could surprise me and be really good all week! So, start praying now!

Two things I haven't been doing so good on this week and need to work on: going to bed on time and leaving school on time. Today was kind of hard to leave by five; I had a meeting at Nicollet right after school so I came back to Immanuel afterwards to do my normal work. Hopefully I can get to bed on time though!

No comments:

Post a Comment