Monday, May 18, 2020

0!


Today was a mix of productivity and nonproductiveness. My first morning of summer vacation started off well; I crossed a bunch of things off my to-do list right away. A parent had asked to drop assignments off at school at 10:30, which I agreed to, and she was in a talkative mood when she arrived at 10:45. She stayed until 12:45. The things we discussed were good though. That pretty much killed the day's productivity.

I ate lunch, sent messages to parents/students what late work I was missing from them. This weekend I had sorted through all the papers dropped off on Friday. I was pleasantly surprised at how few things I was missing. My 7-8th graders who were behind turned everything in! Only one student needs to drop things off and she's getting them to me tomorrow. My class was not as great... about half the students still need to hand things in. Three of them have a bunch (one kid told me he threw all his papers away because his dad said he didn't need them any more). Two only have one or two assignments to turn in. I'm hoping they'll get them to me tomorrow.

At 3pm we had our last staff meeting of the year. Mrs. L forgot and was in town getting groceries, so she sat in her car and we kept her on speaker phone for the meeting. It's kind of good that she did forget, because while Mr. E tried to get a hold of her, I read the agenda and realized it was my turn for devotions! Oops. Thankfully, I have a few devotions saved on my computer and I had just enough time to find one. Whew! That was close.

After our staff meeting, Mr. D had a question about spelling books and we talked for a while. By then it was 5:15. I wrapped up my day by cleaning out the last two student desks in my room. Their crates will go home Friday. At home, I went for a walk; the weather was perfect, just a little cool with a slight breeze and crisp air. After supper I started filling out report cards for the kids who've turned everything in. I still have a lot on my list, but things are starting to get crossed off!

No comments:

Post a Comment