Tuesday, May 5, 2020

9!


A few of the 5th graders took a while to find this one. One of the 7th graders thought it was 15. Nope! I think I confused them because I posted yesterday's picture really late, so the 7-8th graders saw it this morning and thought today was day 10. We got it sorted though.

Pretty typical day of school. We've made good progress with our read aloud book... pg110! We need to read about 18 pages a day to stay on track. Whew, that's tough to do some days when they are in a storytelling frame of mind.

I had trouble with kids leaving their computers during class today. They don't have their cameras on most of class, but I can only see four at a time and sometimes it streams better when the camera isn't going, so I don't fret about that. Except today, I tried taking church attendance and a bunch of kids wouldn't answer me for the longest time! Then at the end of our class, we did highs and lows and again, a bunch wouldn't talk! Grr... But, it's their education they're missing out on. All I can do is provide the learning possibilities. It's like that old saying, "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink." True of learning as well.

5-6 social studies was all about the Oregon Trail. Tomorrow we're doing the gold rush. I found a cool game from the National Museum Australia (very easy to play) that lets you try your luck at striking rich in the gold fields. Try it out here! It's like a mini Oregon Trail game.

No comments:

Post a Comment