Thursday, September 10, 2020

Candy

It's kind of strange only seeing my kids all day. In a typical year, I'd see kids from other classes in the hallway or in the lunch line. This year we're all self-contained. However, today I did see a few. I zipped to the bathroom before school started and passed a 3rd grader on his way to do the same thing. He is so chipper and always waves at me whenever I see him. Today, he let me go first out of the gym AND as we passed each other he said, "Oh! Miss H! I brought you something!" It was a grape Jolly Rancher. So sweet! 

My class has been doing awesome with social distancing and wearing masks all day. The weather was beautiful out, so I took advantage and gave them some extra recess. We still accomplished everything I wanted to today! We played GaGa Ball and 4-square. No one argued, everyone had a good time. Lovely.

In social studies, we shared our family artifact stories. I forgot mine at home, but then I remembered I had something that would work tucked in a cupboard at school. My grandma gave me some gas ration stamps from the 1940s after she found out I teach my class about WWII. Technically a hand-me-down! Other kids brought a family watch, a bracelet, a photo of the family homestead from the 1800s, a card from German immigrant grandparents, coins from a great-grandma who came to the US via Ellis Island, and one student forgot hers so she'll bring it tomorrow. Super neat stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment