Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Cliff-hanger

 Oh how I love the cliff-hanger! (Not when I'm reading, but when I read aloud to my kids. Unfair, I know.)

My kids 'convinced' me to read aloud all morning, so we made a lot of progress on our read-aloud book Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper. An awesome book, I've read it many times. I bet we'll finish the book tomorrow. 

We got to a super good part in the book; the big climax (or the first big climax, there are actually two). On the first day of school I told them this book always makes me cry, so they know that part has GOT to be coming up soon because we only have 30ish pages left. They're not sure if it's happy tears or sad tears... 

I stopped right before lunch, right after a major plot point happened. They were like, "NO. MISS H! You CAN'T STOP THERE! It's too much of a cliff-hanger!!!" But, little do they know, if we were to read just a little further, there would be an EVEN BIGGER cliffhanger! So, for their own good, I stopped. And I told them there would be a bad one coming if we read more. But they didn't care, "We read all morning just for this? That's not why we read all morning! We have to find out what happened! Bring it on! We'll take a bigger cliff-hanger!"  But I was mean and wouldn't read any more today. Wahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment