Thursday, November 19, 2020

Full Day

Whew, today was a packed one. There's no school tomorrow, so today was our Friday. Kids said memory, did spelling tests, worked on their nanos... the usual. With Thanksgiving next week, I wanted to do extra planning this week to be prepared. We're having parent pickup days on Sundays, and since I'll be out of town, I needed to get my packets ready today. 

First, I had to plan my lessons, then figure out what I wanted to print and send home. The 7-8th graders were pretty easy, so I did them first. I couldn't remember which worksheets I'd already sent home, and none of the students responded to my messages about it, so I just printed and sent all of them. Hopefully there aren't doubles. I knew I should've written down which ones I sent. I did a better job keeping track this time. 

The 5-6th graders have another lab they need to do; this one involves red cabbage juice (actually a purple color). I made the juice yesterday. Today I bottled it up for each kid in a plastic water bottle. Some students don't have ammonia at home, so I had to bottle that up too. I used empty bottles from the recycling bin (I washed them first). Thankfully I had just enough! They're on a tray at the drop zone labeled with each student's name. I forgot to leave plastic bags down there in case parents need a way to carry all the stuff.

I had planned to go walking with Mrs. B, but my packet-making took too long. I did get most of my lessons planned and looked over up to the week after Thanksgiving. After that, I went over to church for bible study and helped Pastor get his chapel message video uploaded to YouTube. I'm not very familiar with making videos on YouTube, but I think we got it set up so he just has to click a few buttons to film next time. Hopefully that will make it easier to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment